A Post from the Mrs.

Well, life is good. As Chris has said, we've been busy hiking, eating, and sleeping; plus internet reception hasn't been the greatest, so thank you again for being patient. I'll let Chris keep you up to date on the specifics of the trail from day to day but figured I could chime in with some more generalized details.

Overall, I have no regrets and no real complaints. I mean, I could complain about our bad weather days. For example, on day 3 we did 14.5 miles up and over Blood Mountain in below zero temperatures, if you include wind chill, which was 60 mph. For me, that was my worst day thus far. 1. I hate being cold 2. I hate being too cold to eat-I love, and need, my food and 3. I'm not the fastest uphill/mountain climber; I'm more of a downhill, flat, ridge walker...if only that existed on the AT.

All kidding aside, we really are having an adventure of a life time. We've met so many strangers that have quickly become friends, we've encountered several acts of kindness exhibited through trail magic, and we've been blessed with life, health, and beautiful surroundings each and every day. God is so good and He amazes me more and more each day. Thank you so much for reading and being a part of our story-stay tuned!

Cassandra

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau











This entry was posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “A Post from the Mrs.”

  1. Hang in there Cassandra! I see you got your Mt. Dew! That should have made your day! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete